Supporting Inclusive Education Students
If you are a parent in need of support, please call your child's school. They will be able to get you in contact with the Classroom Support Teacher (CST) or Michelle Dargis, our Director of Student Learning at Central Office (780) 826-3764.
English Language Learners
If your child is working on a chromebook or computer (not a tablet), the Read&Write google extension is already paid for and approved for their school login. Read&Write offers a range of powerful support tools to help you gain confidence with reading, writing, studying and research, including:
• Text-to-speech to hear words, passages, or whole documents read aloud with easy-to-follow highlighting.
• Text and picture dictionaries to see the meaning of words explained
• With speech-to-text, dictate words to assist with writing
• Create and listen to voice notes directly inside of Google Docs
• Simplify and summarize text on web pages to remove ads and other copy that can be distracting
If you would like help with using the extension, contact your child's teacher or Michelle Dargis at central office for help.
Many of our inclusive education students have been assigned iPads that they work on regularly. These iPads often have the IESLP app installed on them to facilitate communication, social stories, and token board building, in addition to interactive activities built by the teacher or EA especially to support the individual child's needs.